French Press Brew Guide
Here’s our simple to follow step by step guide on how to brew the perfect coffee at home. In this guide we will be focusing on the French Press.
You’ll need the following:-
1. Freshly roasted coffee beans (ground with your own grinder where possible) Get yours here!
2. French Press
4. Water off the boil
5. Your favourite cup
- Rinse cafetiere and place on scales
- Working on the ratio of 60g per litre, put the appropriate amount of freshly ground coarse coffee into the Cafetiere.
- Tare scales again.
- Pour in calculated amount of water off the boil (88 to 93deg) and stir well to ensure all coffee is wet, place a saucer over the top to stop steam and aroma escaping.
- Let sit for a total of approx 2.5minutes.
- Remove saucer and use 2 soup spoons to scoop off floating coffee crust – this will stop the coffee from over-extracting and becoming bitter or sour.
- Plunge and serve immediately.