French Press Brew Guide
- Rinse cafetiere and place on scales
- Working on the ratio of 60g per litre, put the appropriate amount of freshly ground coarse coffee into the Cafetiere.
- Tare scales again.
- Pour in calculated amount of water off the boil (88 to 93deg) and stir well to ensure all coffee is wet, place a saucer over the top to stop steam and aroma escaping.
- Let sit for a total of approx 2.5minutes.
- Remove saucer and use 2 soup spoons to scoop off floating coffee crust – this will stop the coffee from over-extracting and becoming bitter or sour.
- Plunge and serve immediately.