September 28, 2021
Barista 201 Advanced
Complete this course and we will stand behind you and give you A Badger & Dodo Barista Certificate. To participate in this course you must have completed Barista 101. We will accept baristas with experience who have not done our Barista 101 course but you will be subject to an interview. This course is for the aspiring professional barista who can command a better wage and wants to advance as a coffee professional.
In this course we cover the following:
– We want you to be able to properly assess your cup, be it in a cuppig scenario, or via filter or espresso preparation. We taste a lot of coffee and reference the coffee tasters flavour wheel and cupping form.
– How to evaluate an espresso, tasting organic acids, playing with espresso recipes and from this, how to dial in the grind.
– Cupping various coffee fermentation processes and the effect on cup profile
– The importance water and filters
– Elements of brewing
– Customer service, workflow and being on top of your game during hammer time.
– Grinder and machine maintenance
– Coffee roasting basics and how roast profile affects the cup for espresso vs filter
Book 101 and 201 and we’ll gift you a €50 voucher to spend in our roastery outlet!
*Max of 2 per class due to COVID 19 regulations. This will return to 4 per class once regulations are lifted.
**Classes must be a minimum of 2 and as such we may cancel a coarse and refund in full up to 1 week before the class starts if numbers aren’t filled.
*** 100% refund for cancellations or rescheduling of a booking more than a week before coarse date with a 50% refund if canceled within 7 days of coarse date.